The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 9th and runs through Sunday, May 15th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 16 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
I’m joining this time again, full-on! I actually have the day off tomorrow, so I can spend, most of my day reading! My workdays will be a bit shorter than usual (I work in IT at a school nowadays, and the students still have spring-holiday next week, so there is less need of my services), which also equals more reading time. And next weekend is also delightfully empty and this means EVEN MORE READING OPPURTUNITY! I might go to the sauna on sunday though. Which just means reading while naked.
I went goalless the last few times, which I enjoyed. The only thing I am changing this year is that I am doing some sort of TBR, which consists of the following physical books:
A list of the aforementioned books (because lists are lovely):
- De dinosauriërs: ontdekkingen, soorten, ondergang
- Man en vrouw – Margaret Mead
- Grief is the thing with feathers – Max Porter
- Boven Water – Margaret Atwood
- Priestess of the white – Trudi Canavan
- Halting state – Charless Stross
- The bonds of love – Jessica Benjamin
- Exile – Chris Ward
- Lean IT: Enabling and Sustaining Your Lean Transformation
- Rendezvous with Rama – Arthur C Clarke
And now I’m off to bed (after preparing a batch of cold brew to drink tomorrow <3), and really looking forward to tomorrow!